Pia (psthatsme) is a contemporary American hyperrealist artist based in New York City. Self-taught, she works with both traditional and digital mediums. Medium aside, her goal has been to create pieces of work indistinguishable photography and, most recently, to create an immersive environment for her pieces.
She speaks English, French, Japanese, Hindi, and Sign Language. When she's not hiding behind her canvases or tablet, she can be found jamming and singing on the piano or glued to her Nintendo Switch and PC games.
- The American Dream, Room 2018 ft. Spike Lee, Parasol Projects, NYC
- BURGER, Artsy, Online, May
- STILL LIFE, Artsy, Online, April
- Artist representation by Artsy affiliate, AS | Artists Studio, October
- Amsterdam International Art Fair, Global Art Agency, NLD, August
- Pia Solo Show, Greenpoint Gallery, NY, July
- Hi-Fructose x Ello, Ello, Online, June
Awarded the Popular Award, which included an art grant, online, November
- Studio Visit Magazine, Winter 2016-17 Edition
- Photo Real, Manifest Gallery, OH, October
- Group Show, Greenpoint Gallery, NY, September
- We the People, Arc Gallery, IL, July
- Black and White Colors of Humanity, Online, July
- People’s Choice Competition, Greenpoint Gallery, NY, June
Runner up, winning a 3 person group show in September in 2016.
- Drawing Showcase, Greenpoint Gallery, NY, June